Radiance Luxury Vinyl Plank Installation
Radiance By Weave-Loc Installation Instructions
DIY Peel and Stick Luxury Vinyl Planks
For domestic use only.
2. GENERAL INFORMATION
• Flooring materials must be allowed to acclimatise unpacked, pattern up, in small stacks in the area in which it is to be installed for a period of at least 24 hours (48 hours preferably)
• The ambient temperature of the room should be at least 18°C (65°F) during, and after the installation. After installation, the temperature should not fall below 18°C (65°F) for the first 48 hours.
Please Note: If room is heated by radiant coils in the subfloor, the TEMPERATURE OF THE FLOOR should not exceed 30°C (85°F)
3. PREPARATION OF SUBFLOOR
• All subfloors must be dry, clean, smooth and free from paint, varnish, wax, oils, solvents and other foreign matter. In renovation or remodel work, remove any remaining adhesive residue so that no ridges or puddles are evident.
• Important: All subfloors must be primed using Weave-Loc MAX PRIME primer prior to installation.
Overlaying Existing Floors:
• Rigid undamaged floors can be overlaid. The floor must be vacuumed thoroughly, and then cleaned using a proprietary floor cleaner, rinsed with clean water, and allowed to dry before applying primer.
• Non-rigid or textile floors must be uplifted and removed with the remaining adhesive residue scraped off. Application of a proprietary smoothing compound may be required to smooth the uplifted area if the glue residue is not successfully removed.
• Secure all loose boards. Hammer down any protruding nails and sand down any high spots. We recommend using ARDEX SCREED ONLY to level out depressions. Cover the floor area with 6mm hard bond (In dry areas use Fibre Board, in wet areas use Versalux). Fix with 25 mm ring shanked nails at 100 mm centres across the boards. Prime with Weave-Loc MAX PRIME primer.
4. LAYING RADIANCE LUXURY VINYL FLOORING
Note: Only when you have practiced your pattern are you ready to begin
• Careful planning and consideration should be taken in to planning the desired overall effect. In most cases, a staggered look for planks is the preferred method. A chalk line should be struck length wise down the centre of the room in the area to be covered.
• It is recommended that you practice loose laying your tiles/planks using the following instructions before you start installing them to check both positioning and patterning to ensure the desired overall effect will be achieved.
4a. INSTALLATION OF RADIANCE LUXURY VINYL PLANKS
1. Start by laying your planks approximately half the length of your room following along your chalk line being careful to make sure you lay the planks straight.
2. For the next row, cut a plank to a smaller size and lay it beside the previous row to begin a staggered look. Keep the off cut piece to use later.
3. Next lay 2-3 full planks, but do not extend past the previous row.
4. Repeat step 2, cutting the plank to a different size this time.
5. Now repeat step 3, but remember to not extend past the previous row.
6. Once you have 4-5 rows started using smaller cut planks, you can start a new row with a full plank and the continue repeating steps 2-4 until you reach the outer wall. Once you have reached the outer wall you can repeat this process for the other half side of the room.
7. When the second outer wall is reached, finish laying the remainder of the room with full length planks.